Aquatic Nuisance Prevention
Keep Aquatic Nuisance Species out of South Dakota's Waters:ALWAYS DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Remove aquatic plants and animals before leaving any waterbody.
- Drain water from bait bucket, live well, bilge and motor before leaving any waterbody.
- Dispose of unwanted bait, fish parts, and worms in the trash.
- Spray/wash boat, trailer, and equipment with high pressure hot water on your way home or at home -OR- dry everything for at least 5 days.
- Always report questionable species.
- Never release live animals or plants - this includes all aquarium species, bait, pets or water garden plants. Do not release these into the wild. If you cannot find another home for animals, dispose of them in a trash can or bury them. Seal plants in plastic bags and dispose.