Cross Country Skiing
Cross-country ski trails are available in many state parks during the winter months. The trails lead visitors off the beaten track and allow them to discover the beauty and wonderment of a South Dakota winter.
Many of the trails begin and end near heated warming shelters. Each shelter has a wood burning stove and accommodates up to 30 people at a time.
in the Parks
- Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve
- Hartford Beach State Park
- Lake Herman State Park
- George S. Mickelson Trail
- Newton Hills State Park
- Oakwood Lakes State Park
- Pelican Lake Recreation Area
- Richmond Lake Recreation Area
- Roy Lake State Park
- West Whitlock Recreation Area
View statewide trail map.