Cabins, Horse Camps & Shelters
A three-night stay is required for campsites and camping cabins on holiday weekends at all parks except Custer, which does not require a minimum stay.
- All cabins include electricity
- Check in time is 4 p.m. Checkout is noon, 11 a.m. at Custer
- Fees are per night per unit
- Entrance licenses and camping fees are required year-round
- Self-registration may be required
- Reservations must be made by midnight, two days prior arrival.
Cabins at the following parks are closed for a period of time due to bald eagles roosting in the area:
- Randall Creek - October 1 to April 30
- Chief White Crane - November 1 to March 31
- Oahe Downstream - November 1 to March 31
Camping Cabin: $37
Camping cabins may be reserved year-round through the reservation center within 90 days of the arrival date.
Prime Cabin: $42
Lewis & Clark, Chief White Crane, Pierson Ranch, Fort Sisseton
Custer State Park Cabins: $47
Custer Camping Cabin reservations can be made one year in advance.
Check out time is 11 a.m.
- All fees are based on a per night fee
- Check out time is 4 p.m., except at Custer where checkout time is noon.
- Camps designed exclusively for horse campers
- Includes trailer parking and corrals
Shelters / Barracks / Tents
Picnic shelter reservations are accepted within 90 days of your arrival (except at Custer). Shelters are rented by the day.
Picnic Shelter: $20 (reservation fee)
Kitchenette Shelter (Fort Sisseton): $27
Kitchenette Shelter (Pierson Ranch): $50
South Barracks (Fort Sisseton): $125 per day
Event Tent (Fort Sisseton 40 x 100 feet): $150/day, two-day minimum