VOLUNTEER - Outdoor Campus East
Purpose: To care for the butterfly garden by planting, weeding, watering, and doing other assigned tasks as needed.
- Plant butterfly host plants
- Water plants as needed
- Weed garden
- Physically able to work standing or kneeling
- Ability to carry up to 15 lbs.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Specific knowledge of the plants in the butterfly garden.
- Volunteer orientation
- Specific training given on individual basis
- Seasonal (April - October)
- Times and days vary, depending on the weather
- Increase your knowledge about caterpillar host plants and butterfly nectar sources
- Be a part of helping to create and maintain a well-known exhibit
- An enjoyable atmosphere to participate in and meet people that love gardening and being outdoors
- Opportunity to relax and have fun while learning
- Increase your knowledge on perennials and annuals
- Maintaining a year round indoor exhibit with plants and butterflies