VOLUNTEER - Outdoor Campus East
Purpose: To provide proper care to the fish in the aquarium and to educate the public about South Dakota fish.
- Obtain specified fish food from local supplier
- Feed the fish the required amount of food on the scheduled day
- Inform our visitors about what you are doing and the types of fish they are seeing
- Return all supplies to their proper place and clean up any spills in the aquarium area
- Able to obtain the food from local suppliers (normally Scheels or J &M Bait and Tackle)
- Able to reach the top of the tank in order to feed the fish
- Must be willing to feed the fish small pieces of nightcrawlers
- Able to clean up any spills on glass or graphic area of aquarium
- Able to identify the fish in our aquarium and know basic facts about them
- Enjoyment of visiting with people in a fun, entertaining atmosphere
- Supervising people of all ages and directing them to further areas of interest.
- Volunteer Orientation
- A minimum of one feeding per month. May work more frequently
- Time needed: any time after 10 am and before 3 pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- A peaceful, enjoyable atmosphere to mingle with people and share their interests and enthusiasm.
- Opportunity to experience the excitement of seeing the fish feed and learning their individual characteristics
- Opportunity to share the enthusiasm of our visitors in watching the fish feed
- Increase your knowledge of fish in South Dakota
- Escape from everyday stress and absorb the beauty of our facility and the visitors who enjoy it