VOLUNTEER - Outdoor Campus East
Purpose: To provide assistance to our Adopt A Feeder program and supplement feeder care as needed.
- Provide accurate feeder information to helpers in the Adopt A Feeder program.
- Assist people in obtaining supplies for the Adopt A Feeder program.
- Make sure our feeders and the ground beneath them are being cared for and kept clean.
- Take inventory of seed supply and notify Volunteer Coordinator if an order needs to be made.
- Clean the water pond as needed.
- Pre-drill holes in corn cobs for anchors for squirrel feeders.
- Refill seed buckets for the Adopt A Feeder program.
- General knowledge of seed to be used, specific feeder needs and wildlife that should be attracted to the various feeders. Outdoor Campus will provide this information.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. may be helpful in filling some feeders.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Willing to work with members of the Adopt A Feeder Program and show appreciation for their efforts.
- Volunteer Orientation
- Special information class regarding seed inventory and feeder/ground care.
- Schedule specific day you will commit to monitoring/providing feeder care.
- Work a minimum of 2 days per month.
- Escape from everyday stress and absorb the beauty of the outdoors while providing a valuable service to our wildlife and the people who enjoy watching them.
- Increase your knowledge of wildlife and their feeding habits.