becoming an outdoors-woman
Becoming an Outdoors-Woman, or BOW, is a national education program that strives to make women more comfortable in and more aware of the outdoor world around them.
The BOW workshop, hosted annually each fall, focuses on the learning of outdoor skills - skills usually associated with hunting and fishing, but useful for many outdoor pursuits.
Designed primarily for women, it is an opportunity for anyone 18 years of age or older, and is for you if:
- You have never tried these activities, but have hoped for an opportunity to learn.
- You are a beginner who hopes to improve your skills.
- You know how to do some of these activities, but would like to try your hand at some new ones.
- You are just looking for the camaraderie of like-minded individuals.
Some of the topics you have the option to explore during a BOW workshop include:
- shooting a rifle,
- shooting a bow and arrow,
- hunting, fishing,
- fly fishing,
- wild game preparation and cooking,
- bird watching,
- use of a variety of equipment, and more.
2016 BOW Event
- Contact Maggie Lindsey at 605.223.7667 for information regarding the 2016 event
- September 9-11, 2016
- Outlaw Ranch near Custer, South Dakota.
- Download brochure
Outdoor Women of South Dakota: OWSD have long supported BOW. Members, many who are graduates of BOW, share their passion for the outdoors through numerous activities and events.