nonresident waterfowl application
The dates, unit boundaries and bag limits for this season are set in late July. This season could by anytime in September. Information will be published in the 2011 Hunting Handbook, available online or by mail in early September.
Applicants may receive:
- No more than one Nonresident Waterfowl License before Nov. 1.
- Beginning Nov. 1, there is no limit to the number of Nonresident Waterfowl Licenses a hunter may possess.
- Applicants are also eligible for one Nonresident September Canada Goose license, which does not count against the quota of regular Nonresident Waterfowl licenses.
- Season Dates:
Nonresident Waterfowl- See application for specific details -
Nonresident waterfowl unit maps
View Larger Map
- NRW-00A-86: (view map above) CHARLES MIX, BON HOMME, YANKTON, CLAY and UNION counties. License valid for entire season.
- NRW-00B-86: (view map above) STATEWIDE, except area in units NRW-00A and NRW-11A. License valid for 10 consecutive days.
- NRW-11A-86: (view map above) BENNETT CO. Applicants must chose a 10 consecutive day period between Oct. 16-Dec. 19 or from Jan. 8-16, 2011 in this unit. Successful applicants will receive two tags for Canada geese that are valid Oct. 16-Dec. 19. From Jan. 8-16, 2011, Canada geese may be taken according to daily and possession limits.
View Larger Map
- NRW-00X-86: (view map above) License valid on private land only in Potter, Sully, Hughes, Stanley and Lyman counties. License not valid on private property leased by GF&P for public hunting or on public highways or other rights of way otherwise open to hunting. License valid for 3 consecutive days.
- NRW-00Y-86: (view map above) License valid on public and private land in Brown, Marshall, Roberts, Day, Grant, Clark, Codington, Deuel and Hamlin counties. License valid for 3 consecutive days.