Youth Antlerless Deer
Each year girls and boys reach an age where, with guidance and mentorship, they are ready to become the next generation of hunters.
GFP offers a statewide resident and nonresident Youth Antlerless Deer season, traditionally opening the second Saturday of September. Resident and nonresident youth that are or will be at least 12 years old on December 31 of the current year, and are younger than 18 years old on June 30 of the current year, may purchase a license and hunt the entire season.
Licenses must be purchased by application through the GFP License Office, and are sold throughout the season.
- Season Dates:
Youth Antlerless Deer - Sept. 12, 2015-Jan. 15, 2016
Special Requirements: Youth hunter must have successfully completed the HuntSAFE program and possess a HuntSafe card, and must be accompanied by an unarmed adult unless the adult has a firearm big game license valid for the same geographic area and time of year as the youth hunter or the adult is carrying a pistol and possesses a valid concealed pistol permit. Big game hunters using a firearm must wear the required fluorescent orange.
Thank you for taking the time to hunt with our children. By sharing a safe, ethical and fun hunt with a young person, the hunting tradition is sure to be passed on to future generations.
- Youth Antlerless Deer Application
(Available - June )
(First Deadline - No deadline )
- Apply Online
- Public Hunting Areas
- Big Game Regulations
- Request information be mailed
- Tentative Future Season Dates
- View all applications / deadlines
Surveys and reports
Free access permits
In addition to a license, a FREE access permit is required to hunt certain areas during this season. An access permit is obtained/applied for through the online license system.
Access Permit for Hill Ranch GPA, Little Moreau GPA, and all Custer National Forest Service land within Harding County: FREE Access Permit required for Archery, Muzzleloader and Youth deer hunting.
- The Access Permits for these areas are not limited.
- For more information on these areas, view; Unit 27L (Hill Ranch GPA), Unit 24B (Little Moreau GPA), and Unit 35L (Custer National Forest Land within Harding Co.) on the West River firearms webpage.
- To obtain these permits, you must first purchase the license type that is valid for these areas.
- This permit may be obtained at anytime throughout the season, however, please leave ample time for the permit to be processed and mailed to you.
- More Info >
- Sign Up