East River Deer
South Dakota east of the Missouri River comprises the East River Deer area. This is rolling farmland divided by two major river drainages, the James and the Big Sioux. Whitetails abound throughout the area, with mule deer mixed in near the central part of the state.
Nonresidents may apply for unsold licenses.
- Season Dates:
East River Deer - Nov. 21-Dec. 6, 2015
- Antlerless season extension: only those tags specifically designated as "antlerless" are valid from December 26, 2015 - January 3, 2016. "Any" deer tags no longer convert for this extended season.
- East River Deer Application
(Available - June )
(First Deadline - Aug. 28 )
- Apply Online
- Leftover Licenses
- Drawing Results
- Past Drawing Statistics
- Public Hunting Areas
- Big Game Regulations
- Request information be mailed
- Tentative Future Season Dates
- View all applications / deadlines