Lake Sharpe Fishing Forecast
Each year, biologists working on Lake Sharpe collect information on fish populations from many fisheries surveys conducted throughout the year. They also collect information on angler use and harvest of those populations through creel surveys.
By looking at trends in fish populations and angler use and harvest, predictions can be made about fishing on Lake Sharpe for 2015.
- Overview of Lake Sharpe Fishing Forecast
- Channel Catfish
- White/Smallmouth Bass
- Rainbow Trout
Key Issues for Lake Sharpe in 2015
- Angler catch of small walleye will be common in 2015 due to production of walleye produced after 2011.
- A proportion (37 percent) of the walleye collected in the gill net survey in August, 2014 exceeded 15 inches.
- Smallmouth bass provide excellent fishing opportunities along side the walleye fishery.
- Trophy and catchable size rainbow trout fishing available in Oahe Marina and Tailrace.
- Chinook salmon is a possible catch in Oahe Tailrace.
- Channel catfish abundance is good and can provide hours of angling enjoyment.
- White bass are abundant and can provide excellent angling opportunities, especially in the spring.
- Excellent shore fishing can be found in the upper reaches of Lake Sharpe
- Boating access is available on Lake Sharpe in most areas of the reservoir.