The all important questions to anglers are:
WHERE do I go? WHAT will I find? WHEN should I go?
We can give you some of the best information available on the first two. Our biologists schedule fish stocking and survey lakes to see what and how many fish are present. These are not done annually, but on a regular cycle or if special needs arise.
WHEN? Well, that is up to you to decide. "Today" sounds like a good answer to me!
- 2011 Flood Impacts on Missouri River Fisheries
- Lake Surveys and Fishing Forecasts
- Fish Stocking Report
- Available Maps of SD Lakes
Where do I Fish?
- Fishing Access Map
- Interactive map showing shorefishing and boat dock locations.
- Eastern South Dakota Shorefishing Guide
- Black Hills Fishing Guide (printed in 2002)
- Ice Fishing Access sites
- Lake Oahe Boat Ramps
- Lake Francis Case Boat Ramps
- Farm Pond Access
- Lakeside Use Areas
- ADA / Access
Are the fish biting?
How do fish measure up?
fisheries strategic plans
- Comment on these plans here >
Comment deadline is Dec. 31, 2013
- Statewide Fisheries & Aquatic Resources 2014-2018 Strategic Plan
- Statewide Strategic Plan Components (draft)
- Black Hills Fisheries Management Area Strategic Plan (draft)
- West River Fisheries Management Area Strategic Plan (draft)
- Missouri River Fisheries Management Area Strategic Plan (draft)
- East River Fisheries Management Area Strategic Plan (draft)
- Spearing & Archery Opinion Survey (2012)
- Spearfishing & Bowfishing: Resident Hook/Line Angler Opinion Survey (2012)
- Resident Angler License (2010)
- Resident 1-Day License (2010)
- Use of Technology in Fishing (2010)
- Nonresident Annual Angler License (2010)
- Nonresident Family License (2010)
- Nonresident 3-Day License (2010)
- Nonresident 1-Day License (2010)
- 2010 Angler Survey Comments
- 2010 Summary Report