Submitted Report: August 4, 2014
Fished Missouri river below Pickstown 3-6 miles. Many nice eating sized catfish biting, rapidly on dip baits, smaller fish on night crawlers. Larger fish found around downed trees in lessor but steady current adjacent to deep water. Did not have minnows or cut bait to try. Occasional flathead catfish 2-3 pounds. Sponges w/dip bait and circle hooks prevent gut-hooked fish. They inhaled the worms to the gut.
Post a Report
Here's a chance to share your SD experience. To have your report posted, please include:
- Your name and home state
- Date of trip.
- Location fished and/or hunted.,
- Weather conditions.
- Experience description and methods
Current Missouri River fishing/hunting info
- SD Great Lakes Association Missouri River Fishing Report
- Updated each Monday
- Visit this site
WATERFOWL POPULATION INDEX-HUNTING OPPORTUNITY THUNDERSTORM MAP
- Thunderstorm map showing best opportunities for waterfowl hunting.
- Updated once a week during any waterfowl season.