Acting within its legislative mandates, the Commission serves as the advocate and liaison between the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks and its stakeholders - the people of South Dakota. The Commission consists of eight members, appointed by the Governor for four year terms.
Rules do not take effect until 20 days after they are filled with the Secretary of State. See all Administrative Rules of South Dakota (ARSD) for Game, Fish and Parks.
May 5-6, 2016
State Game Lodge
June 2-3, 2016
Ramkota Convention Center
how changes to south dakota's outdoor resources are made
- Interested in learning more about how your voice can be heard when it comes to the management of South Dakota's outdoor resources?
- Making changes in how the Department manages or regulates these resources requires different procedures and actions depending on whether the desired change is governed by state law, administrative rule or Department policy.
- As a service to our customers, we have outlined those steps. Take a look and let your voice be heard.
rule proposals and finalizations
- Press release package from May 5-6, 2016, on proposals and finalizations.
- To view proposed rules or new rules, and to comment on them, visit: SD Administrative Rules Website.
- Individuals can also provide written comments on commission rule proposals by sending them to 523 East Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501, or via email to email@example.com. To be included in the public record, comments must include a full name and city of residence.