northeast Regional Advisory panel
January 16, 2013
|Panel Members||GFP Staff|
|Bob Tiff||Scott Lindgren|
|Neil Bien||Andy Lindbloom|
|Brenda Mitzel||Mike Klosowski|
|Jeff Dunn||Tim McCurdy|
|Rick Smith||Tanya Andrews|
|Absent: Jeff Snell, Dick Pearson|
Welcome, Introductions and Overview of September RAP meeting - Scott Lindgren, Regional Supervisor
- New panel member Brenda Mitzel was introduced. Brenda replaced Bruce Fauth. Brenda is from Aberdeen and very active in several sportsmen's clubs and the Brown County youth programs.
- Provided agenda, reviewed September meeting.
- Discussed getting public more involved in RAP meetings and will continue to try and involve the sportsmen's clubs.
- Each RAP member discussed what is going on in each of their areas. This opened up discussions on the hunting seasons and success levels around Region 4.
Andy Lindbloom, Senior Big Game Biologist
- Gave a presentation on elk, the history of the elk, elk management and the ongoing research projects.
- Gave an update on mountain lion management and research updates. Also gave an update on the 2013 mountain lion season and future population updates.
Mike Klosowski, Conservation Officer Supervisor, and Tim McCurdy, Conservation Officer
- Discussed ice fishing and ice conditions. Also talked about spearing northern pike.
- Discussed the various hunting seasons (waterfowl, pheasant, and deer), hunter success rates, law enforcement issues.
Scott Lindgren, Regional Supervisor
- Discussed possible legislation items.
- Discussed possibility of having other sportsmen's clubs host future meeting. Panel members thought this would be a good idea. Future possibilities would be Marshall County Sportsmen, Grass Lake Conservation Club and Dakota Sportsmen.
- Opened the meeting for public questions and comments.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 5PM-9PM hosted by Grass Lake Sportsmen's Club at Florence Community Center
Agenda items: Legislation update, wildlife division review update, shooting preserve presentation and aquatic nuisance species
Other items: fishing update, lion harvest, goose update, elk survey information update